These things No. 3
Okay, quick turn around here, because there is far too much going on in the media right now, and also because a recap on the Oscars is so timely.
As a side note, I have also changed the title of this series to simply, 'these things' because, admittedly, I do not necessarily love what is unveiled when you click on each of these links (esp. No. 2 here).
- Moonlight, after a short kerfuffle, won Best Picture last night.
- I am incredibly disappointed in the anti-abortion dialogue that continues to go on in the U.S. I genuinely cannot believe that Sen. Charles Schwertner slammed his gavel on the table so hard to interrupt a young woman speaking out against anti-abortion that he broke a glass table.
- Last night's episode of Girls was intense, but beautifully done, and incredibly relatable. What are your thoughts?
- Anyone who knows me knows I am a fan of Instagram, especially because it captures moments around the world like these from 2016.
- While the Oscars is so, SO exciting, just some perspective on what else is going on in the world right now: In Mumbai slums, seven people have died in a span of three months due to poorly constructed toilets. However, people are resilient.
- More perspective.
- Also, if you are not aware of the Black Dog, check this out.
- And, for some good feelings, make sure to check out this and this.